The final and decisive match of the series of three T Twenty matches between South Africa and India was played. This big match between the teams was played on the field of Newlands, Cape Town. The final T20 I, with the win of host South Africa team captain JP Duminy, and JP Duminy decided to bowl first before winning the toss.
Team India scored 172 for 7 wickets in their 20-over game before losing the toss. For the team Shikhar Dhawan 47 and Suresh Raina 43 scored the highest score. The target of 173 runs to win the match in front of the South African team.
South Africa batting
But in front of this huge goal, the hosts managed to score only 165/5 and the match was lost by 7 runs. Team India won this T-Twenty Series by winning the entire 2-1 win.
Let’s insert, one look at the key records made in this match: –
1. This is the first T20 I match on Indian grounds at Newlands, Cape Town.
2 . 31-year-old South African player Christian Zonkar was the first player in international cricket. He became the 76th player to debut T20 I for South Africa.
3. This is Rohit Sharma’s first match on foreign soil for Team India.
4. Rohit Sharma, who also played his first series in this match, fast bowler Jr. Dala put on his ball. In all the three matches of this series, Junior Dla has dismissed Rohit Sharma. Let us tell you all about it, that this is the first time that an Indian batsman has been out for three consecutive T20 I innings against the same bowler.
5. Virat Kohli scored 871 runs in 14 innings during this entire tour of Africa. This is the highest run made by any captain on a foreign tour. In this case, King Kohli broke the record of Graeme Smith (803) of South Africa. Graeme Smith (13 innings vs England, 2003).
6. This is the first time when the team was able to win a Twenty20 against India, South Africa, she also Srjmi them.
7. Rohit Sharma, as captain for Team India, becomes the first captain to win his first four matches consistently.
8. It was the seventh such occasion when Team India managed to win the series by winning the Decision of any Bilateral T Twenty Series.
9. JP Duminy (55) was his 11th fifties while playing for South Africa in T20. In South Africa, he reached the first spot in the format of fifties for most fifties and broke AB de Villiers (10) record.
10. Bhuvneshwar Kumar made a total of 7 wickets in this series. As a fast bowler for Team India in the first Twenty20 series, he is the first bowler to take the most wickets.